Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Resolved?

A friend from Africa said that he wished for me whatever I wished for 2010. About 3 weeks ago I made a list of decisions or mindsets that I wish to be more aware of and resolve to make the right choice:
Isolate vs. Engage

Initiative vs. Apathy

Control vs. Surrender

Anxiety vs. Peace/Trust

Gratitude vs. Complaining

Willing submission vs. Independent, stubborn pride

Eyes wide open for miracles vs. eyes down and inward

Possibility vs. Problems

Trying to figure it all out vs. Letting it go

Serving others vs. My own agenda

Desire to be right vs. Give affirmation

Inspire others vs. Comfort myself

In summary, I wish to be more of what I was created to be: in right relationship with God and others – to be whole – Shalom.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

J Steele said...

to further clarify: the best choice isn't always listed first :)